Relationships Just like many other things in life may workout very well or may not. One thing I however attest to, which plays a vital role in nurturing relationship is “communication”.
Here are some tip bits to know whilst building a relationship:
- First, learn to always tell the truth. Being honest and transparent will take you far. Do not cover up or lie when you see something wrong with the other. let them know the truth.
- Learn to support each other always. Be their cheerleader.
- In marriages,learn to share chores.I know some men think its the woman who takes care of the house but trust me, the little things you will do around the house for the woman,is much appreciated.
- Learn not to complain too much. If you have a problem, just say it. Don’t beat around the bush.
- Learn to be an active listener.
- Do not assume because your partner can not read your mind.Assumptions has destroyed a lot of relationships.
- Do not brag about your successes.
- It is ok to share your values and opinions but do not force it down their throat.
- Learn to eliminate “I” and use “WE”.
- Learn to read body language. I remember when I was young,my Grandmother will caution me with people I thought were nice. She is like, “don’t you see from their face they do not like you”. In a relationship, it could be the other isn’t in a good mood,angry or upset.By learning body language you will be able to detect when your partner gets upset before it escalates.
- Give space when needed. Everyone needs a me time.